If you have been diagnosed with Industrial Deafness within the last 3 years and it is associated with your past or present employment then contact LPS today.
LPS has dedicated Industrial Disease solicitors that have helped thousands of people successfully claim industrial deafness compensation. We aim to the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim using our No Win No Fee claims process.
- Have you worked in a noisy environment after 1963?
- Do you believe you may be suffering from hearing problems due to you past or current working environment?
If your answers were yes? And you have either
- Never had any medical advice
- Only has medical advice in the last 3 years?
Then you may be entitled to compensation
If your hearing has been affected after working in a noisy environment then there is the potential to bring a compensation claim for noise induced hearing loss, acoustic shock and/or tinnitus, if it can be shown that an employer has not protected you from the risk associated with your working conditions.
Hearing loss can take years to develop or become noticeable. Our specialist solicitors at LPS often represents individuals who no longer work with the responsible employer or indeed has not worked with them for some time. However, It is important to note that a claim must be commenced within three years of an individual first noticing the symptoms or having received a diagnosis that connects the hearing loss to the individual’s employment or previous employment.
Employers have a duty to keep the workplace as safe as reasonably possible, to provide employees with a safe working environment, safe work tools, machinery and equipment, and protective clothing. Where employers fail to comply with this duty and an employee suffers injury or becomes ill as a result, the employee is entitled to claim compensation, which would include compensation for the injury or illness itself, and any loss of earnings or other expenses such as treatment costs. All employers must have Employers’ Liability Insurance in place as a matter of law.
This insurance is designed to cover workers who have been injured or have become ill through the course of their employment. If you wish to bring a claim against an employer or previous employer we will ultimately be assisting you in making a claim against the employer under the terms of the Employers’ Liability Insurance that they have in place. If your employer or previous employer has not taken steps to protect you from noise induced hearing loss then you could make a claim for compensation. An example of a step that could be taken to prevent noise induced hearing loss would be the provision of appropriate ear protectors.
Types of Industries/machinery/tools
- Car & tractor manufacturers; production lines, air lines, compresses air tools, press machines, overhead cranes/gantries.
- Bottling, bottle cleaning & glass manufacturers; glass forming machines, glass toughening furnaces, packing
- Brick manufacturers; burning kilns, angle grinders, clipper saws, compressor room, hammer mill, cooling fans
- Canning; press machines, stamping machines, conveyor belts
- Construction workers; pneumatic tools, jack hammers, circular saws, road drilling, vibration pokers
- Coal mining; drilling, coal crushers/sorting, haulage, blasting of explosives
- Forestry work; chain saws
- Iron & Steel Works; heavy hammering, plating, guillotines, press shop, blast furnace, forging/drop stamping
- Paper manufacturers; printing machines, stamping machines, packing/shrink wrapping
- Power stations; turbines, coal crushing, boilers
- Plastic & rubber manufacturers; moulding machines, press machines
- Printing; such as large industrial newspaper printers
- Quarries; drilling rock/stone in quarries, vibrating machines sorting the rock or stone
- Seaman; diesel engine compartments and boiler rooms
- Ship building; boiler making, caulking, fettling, rust scaling, riveting
- Welding; air arc, burners, torches
- Weaving sheds; high speed twisting of fibres
- Woodworking; band saws, circular saws, cutting discs, moulding machines, planning machines, multiple cross-cut machines, lathes
What should you do now?
The team at LPS understand the need to achieve your compensation as effectively and quickly as possible, without burning a hole in your wallet! We work efficiently within tight time constraints, keeping you up-to-date along every step of the way. Working on a “no win, no fee” basis, choosing LPS means that you literally have nothing to lose!